Saturday, August 15, 2015

Good Changes

(Clink Photo to be taken to artist's original)

Before you send the dogs out looking for my carcass, let me just clarify one thing, I'm not dead; I'm employed. I looked for months, had a few interviews, and the rejection was starting to wear on me. Luckily, I had been warned by locals that it takes months. A kind friend hooked me up with a job at her synagogue as a secretary. And, since I apparently know nothing about Judaism, it has been a cultural adventure. I'm enjoying learning new words, customs, foods and history. In other words, totally geeking out!

New beginnings mean leaving things behind. I had to quit my little bookstore job that I'd had for two years and very much liked. My husband had an even bigger goodbye with his job. He wound up his Army career after 6 years in favor of nursing school. With no more wars to go to, they stuck him behind a desk. He joined the military to avoid desk jobs. "What's a soldier without a war?" he said. He's joined the National Guard to keep some military ties, but his focus will be on school for the next few years. I'll miss being a military spouse. I actually loved moving every few years! (Don't think I didn't try to convince him to stay in out of my own selfish desire to live in Hawaii or Italy.)

Super D is starting 3rd grade at the same school she went to last year. She has never gotten to go to the same school two years in a row so she's stoked to be seeing all her friends again. She's also bumping up the number of dance classes she's taking. Ballet, Acro and lyrical. This is the longest Super D's ever stuck with something so we're all thrilled she's found something that lights her up.

Now that we are all a little busier, weekends mean more than ever. We have to concentrate our real living into two days a week.  I will do my best to capture and share our mini adventures. We have two really good ones coming up! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment